Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--June 15, 2010

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window...It is cloudy again. We have had so much rain lately. Every now and then we get a little peek of sun... but mainly it is gloomy out there.

I am thinking... about the day ahead... the things I am hoping to teach my kids this week. I am looking forward to finding time to focus on some Bible lessons that I want to experience with them. Struggling with feeling a little crabby today, though. The morning did not go as I had hoped and a bad start is no fun.

I am thankful for... quiet... a little here and there. A chance to breathe... a chance to dream about what we can do together this summer.

From the kitchen... If you can cook it on a grill, I am doing it this week. Love the grill! Have you tried bacon wrapped asparagus?? Oh my goodness! Amazing!

I am wearing... black capris, a black tank top and a white blouse.

I am creating... my book. Finally feel like I am getting somewhere. It is slow going but it is at least going. I want the proposal and chapters done by the end of this month. I will pitch it to a publisher at the end of next month. Prayers are welcome...

I am dreaming... about being in a better place financially. Less worry, less stress. We do not need much but I am so weary of our current situation.

I am going... to help in the nursery for VBS on Thursday... going out with friends for coffee on Friday morning. Cannot wait. : )

I am reading... and re-reading chapters of my book. Trying to edit... not my gift. While I write this one, I am dreaming of the next... excited for what it could be, too. Ooops, my dreams are getting away from me! : )

I am hoping... for a book contract. Praying for a book contract. Wishing. Working. Striving.

I am hearing... the fan in the dining room. The wind outside. The kids downstairs.

Around the house... I can tell the kids are home for summer... little things left behind in every single spot I see.

One of my favorite things... slow, patient days with a calm, patient momma. Not doing very well on this front today. Breathing deeply and trying to regroup.

A few plans for the rest of the week...finish the summer schedule, learn Outlook, finish messing with this crazy (new) phone, go out for coffee with friends.
What about you? : )

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this?
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Just Ramblin' said...

Just visited your blog for the first time and I am curious to know about your book. Maybe I need to go back and read past blogs. But, how exciting to be writing a book. I envy your creativity. Best of luck. Will be anxious to hear how things go. Nola

Nadia said...

The book is about a program that I created for our family that has made a huge difference in our lives. I had no idea it would become a book... it was originally just for us. Then my kid's friends parents starting asking for information and then it became a speaking topic (I am a speaker.) and now, I hope, it will become a book. : ) If you search the blog for "sticks", you will find some more information.