Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Needing a Do-Over Today


Sometimes, we need a do-over.  I need one today.

Even though we had a family meeting yesterday about reducing stress and being organized, our morning was insane.  INSANE.  In the end, my kids were late for school, which I hate.  Noah did not have everything he needed, including shoes that fit.  And Mark got stitches.  Seriously.

This was not the plan.

Surely this never happens to you.  Right?

After I dropped Noah off at school, I came home to a house that was messy and garbage that needed to go out and a fridge that needed to be cleaned and writing that needed to be done and  I. AM. TIRED.

What am I to do?  I have looked for that "easy button" and wished to start all over and none of it can happen.  So, what am I to do?

Standing in my house, I surveyed the mess left in the wake of our crazy beginning.  I turned on the radio, found a Christian station, and sat down for just a minute.

Then I got up and cleaned out the fridge.  Because it is garbage day.  It has to be done.  And while I washed the shelves and checked expiration dates, I thought about dinner and tried to catch my breath.  I talked to my best friend.  I relaxed my shoulders.  I looked out the window at spring outside.  My tulips are blooming.

Sometimes, we need a do-over.  Sometimes, we need to keep going.  Sometimes, its enough to see a flower outside and accept it as a gift.

My kids will come home in 4 hours.  In that time, I need to regroup.  I am frustrated and stressed but not overcome.  Today, I need to find some quiet and organize my thoughts and keep on breathing and pray for the peace that has been promised to me.

I hope you find it, too.

Blessings on your day.


No comments: