Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--July 6, 2010

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window...It is hot and sunny today... yellow, summer light brightening my backyard... love it. : )

I am thinking... about She Speaks. Whatever bits of time I have to write this month will likely be spent on polishing the book proposal and sample chapters for the Stick book. Publisher meetings are upcoming and I am grateful for the opportunity to pitch my book.

I am thankful for... calmer days. Now that baseball has ended, we have time to be home together, my babies and I. It is a good thing...

From the kitchen... grilled, barbecue chicken, grilled potato slices with olive oil and rosemary, grilled pineapple? Thinking about it.

I am wearing...black capris and a grey t-shirt. Bare feet... broken toe. Bleh.

I am creating... my book! So glad to have a deadline... no time to waffle anymore! Gotta get it done! Gotta get a publisher! Dreaming of the next books... which is CRAZY but feels really good.

I am dreaming... about being in a better place financially. Less worry, less stress. We do not need much but I am so weary of our current situation. We are selling stuff at a garage sale this week and I am hoping to make a bit of money to set aside for tuition in the fall... How I love my kids' school.

I am going... to tag items for the garage sale and make a plan for dinner. Got floors cleaned already today, met a friend for coffee and putzed on chores... still a lot of day left.

I am reading... and re-reading chapters of my book. Trying to edit... not my gift. I am going over the book proposal and getting ready to read the direction given for several of the sectionals I will attend at She Speaks. My head is full.

I am hoping... for a book contract. Praying for a book contract. Wishing. Working. Striving.

I am hearing... Lego blocks hitting together as someone digs in the bin... pages turning on the book Josiah is reading while his feet rest on one side of a giant ball and mine are on the other... the voices of my children talking together while they play in our quiet house. It is a peaceful morning...

Around the house... Some rooms are clean... laundry needs to be done.... a watermelon is waiting to be wedged.

One of my favorite things... hope. Choosing to focus on the hopeful today.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Work for the garage sale, stay ahead on cooking, spend time doing devotions with my kiddos, water the garden, work on the book, work on the book, work on the book... Your prayers are valued.

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this?
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: