Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Christmas Edition #3


If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... it is COLD. This morning, it is 9 degrees with inches of snow on the ground. It is sunny and beautiful...

I am thinking... about the balance of Christmas. I want to be sure that I am using this time of the year to teach my kids about the Biblical story of Jesus' birth. I don't want to be distracted by the consumerism that attacks us from all sides.


I am thankful for... heat. As I sit here in the family room, my feet are toasty-warm and I don't want to take that for granted. A warm floor is a wonderful thing...


From the kitchen... Yesterday's chicken pot pie is still in the air... but I have hot beef sandwiches bubbling away in the crock pot today. Smells amazing!


I am wearing... corduroys, a long sleeve t-shirt with a pretty, flower scarf and slippers.


I am creating... my next newsletter. I really want this to get out! If you are not on my email list for the newsletter, get a hold of me and let me know. I am happy to add you. It is separate from this blog so even if you get the blog, you need to sign up separately for the newsletter.


I am dreaming... about the new year. I am going to start subbing some and am looking forward to several speaking engagements. I still have time in winter and spring so if you still need someone to speak for your group, conference or retreat, be in touch!


I am going...keep working on our Christmas plans. Now, I am saving some nights... We need the downtime to be home together.


I am reading... Mary Beth Chapman's book. Love it.


I am hoping... for a relaxing break with my kiddos. They are eager to be on break and I am eager to have them here! :)

I am hearing... the dog in the kitchen, the ceiling fan in the kitchen, the glorious sounds of quiet in my home.

Around the house...We still have some decorating to do. I wish we were done... but we are chipping away at it a bit at a time. Are you all set?


One of my favorite things... the crock pot. I love that I can dump things in and let it do its work and then we have a dinner ready to go! Yum!


A few plans for the rest of the week...a bit of shopping, lots of laundry, keeping up with making dinner and hugging my kids.


What about you? : )

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this?
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: