Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Christmas Edition #2

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... there is snow! :) It is cold in Chicago-land and I am grateful for it all. I know there are folks that fuss and such but for me, this is winter. The ebb and flow of the seasons is a wonder to me and, even when the temperatures fall into single digits, I am grateful for it all.

I am thinking... that silence is wonderful. After a full week last week, I am so happy to have a little bit of quiet in my day.

I am thankful for... a great week last week. I had the amazing privilege to speak to hundreds and hundreds of women over 5 days, in four locations. Oh my goodness, did I have fun! : ) I love my work.

From the kitchen... Prepping for Supper Swap again this week. I am making the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti and Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole. I will start today or tomorrow by boiling 4 chickens! :)

I am wearing...Grey yoga pants, a white cami and a black sweater. Comfy after last week's dress clothes!

I am creating... my next newsletter. Do you get it? If you don't but would like to, get your email address to me and I will add you to the list. The next newsletter will offer for sale any of my remaining Nativity Devotional Sets for families. If you want to know more about that, drop me a line! :)

I am dreaming... about my winter and spring speaking seasons. I had so much fun last week that I just cannot wait to speak again. If you are looking for a speaker for the winter or spring, I still have some openings... and am booking into next year. I speak at groups, conferences, retreats, etc... nationwide! Love it.

I am going...work on a bit of cleaning this morning and some cooking this afternoon. I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do... maybe tomorrow? :)

I am reading... Mary Beth Chapman's book. Holy. Cow.

I am hoping... for a calm, productive week. We are going to see our "China family" soon and I am so excited about that. Being gone will mean that I have to stay organized though... I am also hoping for a van miracle. We need work done on our Sienna... emissions stuff... and have NO idea how to get that done.

I am hearing...my dog breathing deeply in her sleep, a commercial on TV...

Around the house... We are decorating for Christmas. The tree is up and and decorated. The snow village is not done. We are calmly just chipping away at what needs to be done. I will not be distracted by stress during this season of worship. Every single day, I want to remind myself that this holiday has everything to do with the birth of Christ and little to do with what is shown on TV.

One of my favorite things... quiet. I don't get a lot of that... but I really love it. I have learned that a little goes an awfully long way. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...Supper Swap cooking, cleaning the house from last week's busyness, chipping away at my Christmas to-do list, and hanging out with some of my favorite people in the world... China fam, we love you.

What about you? : )

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this?
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: