Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Christmas Edition #1

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... it is cold and dark... looks like it might think about snowing... but not a flake has fallen yet.

I am thinking... about my speaking engagements this week. I speak everyday this week to a wide variety of groups. I love the topic... Connecting to Christmas. One of my absolute favorite talks.

I am thankful for... an easier morning today. Mark and the kids worked hard to get things done so I would have time to get ready for my speaking engagement. This helped me so much! A stressful morning leads to a stressed out speaker... not at all what I want to bring to these wonderful groups this week.

From the kitchen... I am in the mood for chili... how about you? :)

I am wearing... black corduroys, a grey, long sleeved t-shirt. Just changed out of speaking clothes. Comfy, now.

I am creating... a quiet, peaceful season for my family. Christmas is so important... not for the presents but for the wonder of the Nativity. I want my kids to "get" that...

I am dreaming... about this week! And it is here! :) Love getting ready to speak EVERY day... and looking forward to Elizabeth's first ballet show on Saturday night. I cannot wait! :)

I am going... to run errands before I pick up the kids from school so we can enjoy a relaxing night home together. Finding downtime in the midst of this busy season is important.

I am reading... Mary Beth Chapman's book... and love it. Thank you, Junie.

I am hoping... that my Christmas talk can help people who hear it to connect to what the season is really about. I am praying that God's voice will be far louder than mine... and that He will find a way to capture the hearts of those who hear.

I am hearing... The id tag on our dog clinking as she walks, the pinging of the rain against the sliding glass door, my fingers on the keys... peaceful sounds.

Around the house... Boxes and boxes of Christmas stuff is out and about. We are decorating this week, getting our tree in a couple days and starting to feel more ready for the holidays.

One of my favorite things... how happy our dog is to see me when I got home. She has twice come to the computer to pull my hands from the keyboard. All she wants right now is me and my attention. I had no idea that dogs could be so relational.

A few plans for the rest of the week... speaking, speaking and more speaking. LOVE it. I seriously feel blessed to do this work.

What about you? : )

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this? http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: