Saturday, February 4, 2012

Something to Try for the Weekend!

I know it is hard.  I know it can be expensive.  I know you feel like you cannot get away.  But, finding time to spend with your spouse, away from your children, is an enormous gift to your family.  My best friend grew up on a farm.  Almost every weekend, her parents would head out without the children, to visit with friends who lived nearly an hour away!  Their ability to find time away motivates Mark and I to this day.

So, get creative!  Budget carefully!  Trade childcare with friends!  Find a way to step out of your house, even for a short time, and nurture the relationship that began your family.  The day will come when your children are grown... the time you spend now will strengthen what you are able to enjoy together for decades to come.

Blessings on your day!

No comments: