Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--May 25, 2010

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... I see hazy, summer skies. We are in the midst of a heat wave here... unusual for May in Chicago. The sky is pale blue and the heat... wow.

I am thinking... the end of school. I am so grateful that my kids attend a school that they deeply love and I deeply trust. They really do an amazing job and the end of the school year always brings mixed feelings. We are ready for the break but the end is sad, as well.

I am thankful for... the holiday weekend upcoming. Baseball games are never played on this weekend and so we have days and days of time together with no where to be. It is a good thing and by the end, our garden will be in, our yard will be ready for summer and we will be thrilled to be outside enjoying it all!

From the kitchen... Last week, I talked about beef stew here... it was a chilly day, then. Not now. I am out of ideas for cool weather food and still don't know what dinner will be. It is just too hot to cook! Ideas?

I am wearing... dark gray capri pants and a pink Old Navy t-shirt with a peace sign on the front. Comfy... not that cool. : ) Did I mention it is HOT?

I am creating... supper swap meals! Can't wait to have new meals to eat in the freezer! Love it! : ) We will swap on Friday...

I am dreaming... about camping... about seeing friends... about plans for summer and what I want my kids to learn. I am dreaming about feeling rested... being purposeful in my writing... accomplishing tasks.

I am going... to get to work on the garden, plan for the summer, get the van in the shop. The next two weeks will be crazy and then it will get peacefully quiet. Looking forward to that...

I am reading... old copies of my Sticks book. I have multiple versions of many chapters... time to reduce that to one good chapter of each and then tweak and improve until I am happy with what is left.

I am hoping... for an amazing summer. Is amazing too much to ask? :)

I am hearing... the air conditioning running, the kids in the sprinkler, the tapping of my fingers on my laptop keys.

Around the house... there is much to be done... and little time with which to attack big projects.

One of my favorite things... quiet days with my family nearby... making the transition from school-year to summer...

A few plans for the rest of the week...get the van in for work (ugh!), straighten the house, cook for supper swap, rototill the garden, prepare for summer lessons, dream about upcoming camping trips!

What about you? : )

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this?
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: