Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--May 4, 2010

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... it is cloudy and calm. A strange weather day... warm enough to have the windows open but cool enough to want to wear long pants. I am hoping it brightens up a bit.

I am thinking... about blogs for the rest of the week, about our busy schedule of games and practices, about my kids at school--learning and doing away from me. I miss them today.

I am thankful for... the sound of birds singing outside, a few hours of quiet to get ready for the night.

From the kitchen... I am making dinner for the kids teachers this week so I am mentally making a list of what I need to make 4 Chicken Tarragon Casseroles.

I am wearing... a dark gray t-shirt and black yoga pants. I just kicked off my Croc flip flops.

I am creating... Four Chicken Tarragon Casseroles... and a bit of peace for myself after a really hectic morning.

I am dreaming... of summer. Of camping. Of spending time with my family apart from the craziness of the rest of our life. I am ready for some long and peaceful days... just a month to go.

I am going... to take Noah to the orthodontist this morning. I will pick him up from school and run him over there. We will have lunch together and then I will bring him back to school. I am looking forward to a bit of time with my favorite 13 year old.

I am reading... blogs. Have you come across Blog Frog yet? What a great way to find other blogs you might enjoy.

I am hoping... that my house magically cleans itself. :) The mess is driving me nuts.

I am hearing... birds singing, a gentle breeze blowing the leaves, the dog's nails on the kitchen floor, the hum of the fan on my laptop.

Around the house... There is laundry unfolded, socks laying about, the smell of eggs and toast in the air and Oprah on TV. (In Chicago, she comes on at 9AM.)

One of my favorite things... coffee. I have a warm cup next to me now, had an iced coffee yesterday while watching Elizabeth at Gymnastics, a cup from Dunkin' at Noah's last baseball game. I love it... I really do.

A few plans for the rest of the week... cook for the teachers, look up fix and freeze meals for next year's supper swap, do a better job of keeping up with the blog, start planning for the garden.

What about you? :)

Blessings on your day!


Looking for more like this? http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: