Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--August 31, 2010

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... it still looks like summer... and yet, my kids are off to school and the green of the leaves has changed to a duller, darker color... a sure sign of fall.

I am thinking... about so many details... about how Noah's broken arm actually makes me grateful... about balancing the busyness of the beginning of school and needing to find time to write and work and get organized for the speaking season ahead. Hoping a few minutes of quiet today will help me to slow my thoughts...

I am thankful for... Noah's arm not being more badly broken. I am thankful that he will heal quickly, that he can still play soccer, that he and Benjamin both made the team at school. And, I am thankful for school... I LOVE our school... the teachers, the curriculum, the enthusiasm my children bring home each day...

From the kitchen... I am working on a menu for the week... and hoping to bring in some homemade goodies, too. Tonight... perhaps the grill?

I am wearing... dark gray capri pants and a black t-shirt with flip flops... momma gear today!

I am creating... my next article for a MOPs magazine! Did you see the last one? I just did and was so glad it all worked out. I have two articles coming up for them... and cannot wait! I gotta say, the whole thing is exciting and humbling... interesting mix.

I am dreaming... about the upcoming speaking season! Things are booking nicely though oddly I still have room early in fall and a bit in the spring. Know someone looking for a speaker for their retreat, group or event? This is a great time to get in contact with me and set that up!

I am going...to take the kids to school, enjoy a cup of coffee, do some writing and then work a bit in the laundry room to see if the floor is really still under there. :)

I am reading... Crazy Love. Are you? Have you? Hmmm....

I am hoping... for a book contract. Holy cow, that feels awfully forward... but now that I have share my book with publishers, I am so excited about how this could go. Feels risky to hope... so I am preferring to think of it as trust.

I am hearing... the air conditioner running, the coffee pot dripping, and a good bunch of quiet.

Around the house... I need to work on laundry and some basic cleaning. My house stays cleaner when the kids are at school. I like that... though honestly, that makes me feel a little guilty, too. Wish I was better at embracing the mess my kids make...

One of my favorite things... driving my kids to and from school... listening to them, talking with them. It is just so good.

A few plans for the rest of the week...lots of soccer, and eye appointment or two this week, helping my kids adjust to school, lots of writing, lots of reading...

What about you? : )

Blessings on your day!

Looking for more like this?
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I will read your articles. My children are all grown but I care for my grands. Have a great week. Doylene