Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break Thursday--Easter Ideas! Your Turn!

Finally, spring has sprung! All four of my children are outside, enjoying the sunshine and laughing out loud. I love that. I love to watch them. I love to listen to them. I love to stand in the house and breathe in the quiet, relishing a rare moment alone.

We have had a strange couple of days. The cold I caught is lingering and in the midst of that, Mark got sick. Hit with a strong stomach bug, he spent most of yesterday resting. I will now spend the rest of the week spraying down my house with Lysol and staring at my children. Who will get it next? Maybe the illness has been good, in a way. With Mark and I under the weather, our pace has slowed this week and my kids are outside playing for hours each day. The yard is a mess, covered with riding toys, soccer balls and baseball equipment. The driveway is covered with a rainbow of chalk drawings, bigger than my children themselves. They are falling into bed each night thoroughly tired and smelling like sunshine. And it is good.

Tomorrow we will begin our Easter weekend traditions and our pace will pick up a bit. I am excited about what is upcoming and looking forward to preparing for Sunday. What about you? What do you do to help your family celebrate Easter?

I love when you comment and share you ideas. Will you do so today? Take a second and let us all know what fun activities or traditions you do with your family for Easter. I can't wait to learn from you! :)

Blessings on your day!

No comments: