Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Odds and Ends and Muffins Again!

Look around! I made a few changes here on the blog to make it a bit more user-friendly. A few things to notice:

1. Check out the search feature on the right, at the top. I played around with this myself for a few minutes and think it's really fun. : ) Put any topic in that I have ever discussed here and you will get click-able links to that information. If I ever linked to another site, and they mentioned what you are looking for, you will get links for that as well. I tried search for muffins. : )

2. Instead of a big, ugly list of blog labels, I added a place at the bottom of this page that offers all those labels, not in a list. I like it better. If you are really organized, you might not. : ) Sorry about that.

3. I took some stuff off and tried to put the things you use closer to the top.

Other things to think about:

-I kept the link to my website. If you, or anyone you know, is looking for a speaker for a parenting group or Sunday school class or conference or retreat, click through on that link and you will be brought to my site. From there, you can find lots of information about my speaking topics and booking options.

-If you do not already follow the blog, feel free to add yourself. I am also on Twitter! There is a link on the right to help you find me there.

What's up with Mr. Linky?

So, I have wanted to try it for a long time and couldn't figure it out. If you are new to the whole Linky thing, all you have to do is add your info at the end of the post (Look at yesterday's post if you are unsure what I am talking about...) and then post on your blog on the same topic I posted about. When people bop in here and read about the topic, they can then click on to yours to read more on the same topic. I like the Simple Woman's Daybook topic... I think I will do it again. Normally, it is posted on Tuesdays so keep that in mind and let's grow that list. Mr. Linky is just a fun way to help connect a whole bunch of blogs.

And wait! Did I mention speaking?

I am going to be speaking in Michigan on April 24. If you know of someone who is looking for a speaker around that time, please send them my way. I would love to add other groups to that weekend!

And... how's this for random?

You know that amazing muffin recipe from last week? You remember, the chocolate pumpkin muffins? Easy peasy? This week, I tried that same recipe with a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin (I found organic pumpkin at Target!). The results were amazing. My kids LOVED these pumpkin muffins and they were so easy. Made me think that there are millions of ways to tweak this recipe to discover new flavors. What cake flavor will you try next? : )

Okay, this is different from my regular posts but now we are all on the same page! Sometimes you gotta deal with the odds and ends. Come back tomorrow... I will be posting about some of the things that have been going on here this week.

Blessings on your day!

No comments: