Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Spring Break Version

If you blog, you can do this, too. C'mon, you can do it! Join in the fun!

Outside my window... it is sunny but chilly. By day after tomorrow, we are expecting to hit the high 70s! I cannot wait!

I am thinking... about She Speaks... I will hear about the scholarship opportunities from last week by the end of this week. Amazingly, I have been given an opportunity to ride to She Speaks with a friend. (Transportation was to be my next stumbling block.) Now, if I can just win the scholarship!

I am thankful for... Spring break with my kids! We are enjoying a relaxing week together and I am so glad for the extra time with them. By the time they go back to school, we will be thrown into the craziness of baseball and spring soccer schedules. This week is our reprieve.

From the kitchen...made bread yesterday and plan to try that again this morning. Still thinking about dinner... working from my pantry and freezer this week, no shopping except for fresh veggies and such. I think I would be amazed at how long I could feed my family without another big grocery trip.

I am wearing... my jammies! Again. No rush to get ready on a relaxing week.

I am creating... a good day. With the kids home, there is little time for writing this week. So, instead we will work on things of greater importance. Time together, good meals, relaxing moments...

I am going...to be home today. We may take a walk at a local nature center later on but for the most part, I want there to be room and time for my children to play outside with the sun on their faces. I want them to walk the dog and throw a ball. I want to be careful to not over schedule.

I am reading... The Marriage Project. You will hear more about it here soon.

I am hoping... for a beautiful Easter. We spend this week preparing for that day and I like to have everything ready so that we can enjoy it together. We do Easter baskets, go to church, eat an amazing dinner and hunt for eggs. More than anything else, we focus on the miracle of it. That we are so loved that Jesus came to make a way for us. That we are so loved by Someone that spoke the impossible and lived it out. The whole of it is about Hope... for today and for tomorrow and every day after that.

I am hearing... Josiah typing a report about Shakespeare, Noah breathing as he watches me type, Lexie jumping on the back door, trying to come back in.

Around the house... I see our new Wii Fit Plus, many lone socks thrown about on the way to play the Wii Fit Plus, and random other bits of messes. See how I can breathe right through it? :)

One of my favorite things... unscheduled time. No rushing, no flying out the door. Time to relax and rest and play. It is rare here and feels like a gift.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Prepare for Easter, go downtown on one Spring Break day, encourage the kids to walk the dog more, keep up with blogging even with everyone home, complete soccer and baseball schedules to keep us organized for April and May, and relax.

Want to read what others are writing on this topic? Click here:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Blessings on your day!

No comments: